I wish we had done this in the beginning of the year - oh well. Sure beats vocabulary cards!
The directions are fairly simple and listed below.
You'll have to play around with the spreadsheet to build a comfort level, but that's the name of the game. Explore. Have fun. Be creative.
- Open a new Google Document Spreadsheet
- Title the spreadsheet: Vocabulary-last name
- Share with Mrs. Casey
- Label cell A1 Word
- Label cell B1 column Definition
- Label cell C1 Picture
- Click and drag the sort bar above Row 1
- Select all cells by clicking on the small box to the left of the letter A. All cells will now be blue.
- Make the rows larger by grabbing the row divider and dragging it to the desired height.
- Do the same for column width.
- Beginning on row 3, type the words and definitions on the vocabulary list.
- Find pictures to represent these vocabulary words and paste into the picture column.
- To paste a picture copy the URL and follow the commands for pasting an image. You will have to resize every picture by clicking and dragging from the lower right corner. Move the picture into the appropriate cell.
- EXTRA CREDIT - Create two new columns. Label cell D1 What it is and label cell E1 What it is not. Respond appropriately.
mineral, rock, sedimentary rock, igneous rock, metamorphic rock, rock cycle.