Waterfall in the Rainforest by Phillip Roth
Each of you have a movie file to view.
After viewing your movie file, imagine you were visiting this location. What would you see? What are the conditions there? What is the relationship between humans and Earth's waters at your location?
Do some research on this area.
Your next blog post will include an image and a brief description of the area. The image can show any scene from your visit. The description should be thorough, engaging, and answer the following questions:
- What is the name and location of your place?
- What might your role and the purpose of your visit? (Examples of roles might include engineer, tourist, biologist, scientist, or sailor.)
- How would you describe the place? (sights and sounds, plants and animals , and any significant structures)
- What does this place reveal about Earth's waters?
- What is the relationship between humans and Earth's waters at your location?
If you finish early, feel free to view other movies on the CD provided to you.
You will then need to choose another location. Respond to the blog post. In your response reflect on the significance of each source of Earth's waters. How do they compare to your location? Be ready to explain this location to the class later in the week.